Darwell's - Crawfish Etouffee
- 1 bunch celery, medium diced
- 1/4 pound unsalted butter
- 1/2 large onion, medium diced
- 2 bell peppers, medium diced
- 2 tablespoons Creole seasoning (recommended: Tony Chachere)
- 1 tablespoon seafood seasoning (recommended: Old Bay)
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 cups crawfish stock
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 pounds freshly picked, steamed crawfish tail meat
- Steamed rice and/or French bread, for serving
- 1 tablespoon freshly chopped parsley leaves
Saute the celery in butter on low to medium heat until the celery becomes tender. Add the onion, bell pepper, spices, and garlic. When everything is well blended, turn the heat up to medium-high and blend in the flour to form a roux around the vegetables. Cook thoroughly until the roux starts to brown slightly. Add the crawfish stock and heavy cream a little at a time until all of the stock and the cream are added. Finish by adding the crawfish tail meat. Simmer on low heat for approximately 15 minutes.
Serve over rice and/or French bread and garnish with parsley.
This recipe was provided by professional chefs and has been scaled down from a bulk recipe provided by a restaurant. The Food Network Kitchens chefs have not tested this recipe, in the proportions indicated, and therefore, we cannot make any representation as to the results.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.