- 3 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 anjou pears, cored and sliced thinly
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 blood oranges, sectioned, crushed and strained for the juice
- 1 large egg
- 2 large spring roll wrappers
- Orange zest, for garnish (optional)
In a medium size saute pan, place butter, brown sugar, pears, and cinnamon, and cook until the pears are fork tender. When cooked, remove from the heat and set aside to cool, about 30 minutes.
Preheat a fryer to 350 degrees F.
To make the rolls, crack the egg into a small bowl and gently stir with a fork. Lay out each spring roll sheet and brush them with the egg wash around corners of the wrapper. Place 1/2 of the pear mixture in the center of a wrapper, and roll wrapper, pinching sides when finished. Repeat with remaining pear mixture and spring roll wrapper. Carefully place the rolls in the fryer for about 1 minute or until desired crispness. To plate, place sauce in middle of plate, cut rolls on a slant and place on each other. Garnish with orange zest, if desired.