- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon light brown sugar
- 10 sprigs fresh thyme, leaves stripped from stems
- 3 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 cup cold dark beer (recommended: Bass Ale)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Mix the dry ingredients and thyme leaves together in a large bowl until combined. Add the melted butter and beer and stir with a wooden spoon until the mixture begins to hold together. Turn the dough out onto a work surface and knead gently just until the dough comes together into a ball. Flatten the dough into a rectangular shape using a knife, divide it into 6 equal portions. Transfer to an ungreased baking sheet.
Bake until biscuits being to turn golden and are firm to the touch, about 25 minutes. Serve warm.