Boston Lettuce Avocado Salad and Lime Dressing
- For the salad:
- 2 small to medium heads Boston lettuce, discard any wilted leaves
- 1 Hass avocado, pitted
- 1 large bunch scallions, thinly sliced
- Leaves from 1 bunch cilantro, finely chopped
- For the dressing:
- 2 limes, juiced
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- About 20 grinds fresh black pepper
- 1 tablespoon whole-grain mustard
Pull the lettuce leaves from the head, rinse gently under cold water, and lay out on clean towels to dry. Use a spoon to remove the flesh in 1 piece from each half of the avocado. Thinly slice the avocado flesh into thin wedges.
Whisk together all the dressing ingredients.
Arrange the lettuce leaves on a plate and top with the avocado wedges, scallion, and cilantro. Finish with a healthy drizzling of the dressing.
Recipe courtesy of Dave Lieberman