Braised Collard Greens, Mustard Greens, and Red Swiss Chard
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 pound bacon slices, roughly chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1/3 cup cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 bunch collard greens, ribs removed
- 1 bunch mustard greens, ribs removed
- 1 bunch red Swiss chard, ribs removed
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
In a large pot heat oil and bacon over high heat until bacon is well browned. Stir in garlic and cook 45 seconds. Deglaze with chicken stock and vinegar. Add sugar and greens and partially cover. Lower heat to medium and cook for 30 minutes. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.