Fennel and Endive Salad with Rose Vinaigrette
You can use white wine instead of rose, but rose gives a really nice color to the dressing.
- 2 large heads fennel, core removed, fronds reserved, and thinly sliced
- 3 large endives, core removed, and thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup dry rose wine, preferably Provencal-style
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 small orange, juiced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sugar (preferably superfine)
- 1 large shallot, finely minced
- A couple pinches salt
- 10 grinds freshly ground black pepper
- 1/3 to 1/2 cup safflower or canola oil
- 1 to 1 1/2 cups walnuts halves, toasted
- 4 ounces Danish or other mild blue cheese
Combine fennel, endive and reserved fennel fronds in a large mixing bowl. In a separate bowl, whisk together the wine, citrus juice, sugar, shallot, salt, pepper, and oil until combined. Toss fennel and endive with dressing. Toss in the toasted walnut halves and crumbled blue cheese and serve immediately.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.