Fried Potatoes with Coriander Cayenne Mayonnaise
- For the mayonnaise:
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Couple pinches salt
- About 20 grinds black pepper
- For the potatoes:
- 2 cups vegetable oil, preferably canola or safflower
- 4 russet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch thick wedges
- Chopped fresh parsley leaves, for garnish
Make the mayonnaise by whisking together all the ingredients until fully incorporated. Transfer to a small serving bowl and serve as a side with the fried potatoes.
Heat the oil over high heat in a large, heavy pot, such as a Dutch oven, until it reaches 375 degrees F. Carefully drop half of the potatoes into the hot oil and cook until nicely golden brown, about 8 minutes. Remove potatoes with a slotted metal spoon onto a plate lined with a double layer of paper towels. Season generously with salt and sprinkle with parsley. Serve the first batch and repeat the frying process for the second batch.
Recipe courtesy Dave Lieberman