Puff Pastry Apple and Raisin Strudel
- 2 large Golden Delicious apples, peeled, cored and sliced 1/8 to 1/4-inch thick
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup sugar, plus 3 tablespoons
- 2 tablespoons cold butter, cut into small pieces, plus 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- All-purpose flour, for dusting
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
Position an oven rack in the center of the oven and preheat to 375 degrees F.
Spread the apple and raisin mixture over the bottom half of the puff pastry square leaving about 1-inch of space along the side edges. Fold the top half of the puff pastry over and pinch to seal the edges together.
Place the strudel on a parchment lined baking sheet and bake for 40 minutes, rotating halfway through cooking, until the pastry is puffed and golden brown.
Recipe courtesy Dave Lieberman