- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 1 cup bowties, cooked (farfalle)
- Reserve 1 cup pasta water, for tossing
- Cooked kasha (buckwheat), recipe follows
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley leaves, for garnish
In a large saute pan, heat the oil over medium heat and cook onions until tender and golden, about 10 minutes. Toss with bowties, reserved pasta water, kasha, and salt and pepper to taste. Toss in parsley.
For the Kasha:
1 cup uncooked kasha
2 cups water
In a small sauce pan over medium heat, combine kasha and water. Cover and cook for 10 minutes.