Sticky Chocolate Cake
- 2 sticks butter, softened, plus more for pan
- 2 cups dark brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon instant coffee
- 1 1/3 cups water
- 6 ounces semisweet chocolate chips
- 5 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour, plus more for pan
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3/4 cup raisins
- 1 cup walnuts
- Confectioners' sugar, for garnish
Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
Cream butter and sugar with an electric mixture until light and fluffy. Heat coffee, water, and chocolate in a saucepan over low heat, stirring often until chocolate has melted entirely. Add coffee-chocolate mixture to the creamed sugar and butter. Beat in eggs, 1 at a time until incorporated, and then mix in vanilla extract. Combine flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg in a mixing bowl and stir together with a fork until incorporated. Gradually beat the dry mixture into the wet mixture. Finally, fold in the raisins and walnuts.
Butter and lightly dust a bundt pan with flour. Pour batter into pan and bake about 45 to 50 minutes or until a sharp knife point inserted into the cake comes out clean. Let cool to room temperature on a rack before inverting. Dust with confectioners' sugar and serve.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.