- 1 baguette
- 2 (6-ounce) cans white meat tuna packed in water, drained
- 1/4 cup capers, drained
- 1 large shallot, minced
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley leaves
- 15 to 20 grinds of black pepper
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Slice baguette into 1/2-inch thick slices and place on a baking sheet. Bake until toasted and golden, about 5 to 10 minutes.
Combine all remaining ingredients in a mixing bowl and mix thoroughly.
Top each toasted baguette slice with about 1 tablespoon of the tuna salad.