DaVero Meyer Lemon Olive Oil Cake
- Vegetable oil, for brushing pan
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 5 large eggs, separated
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons grated fresh lemon zest, or more, to taste
- 1/2 cup DaVero Meyer Lemon or Dry Creek Estate olive oil
- 1/3 cup Gewurztraminer or similar sweet white wine
- 2 large egg whites
- 1 pint fresh berries, plus additional for garnish
- 2 to 4 tablespoons confectioners' sugar or more, to taste
Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
Brush a 9-inch springform pan with vegetable oil; line bottom with parchment paper.
Combine flour and salt in a medium bowl and set aside. In a large bowl, beat 5 egg yolks and sugar at medium-high speed about 2 to 3 minutes, until it is light yellow and ribbons form when beaters are lifted. Add flour mixture to egg mixture and beat on medium-low until well blended. Beat in lemon zest. In a small bowl, combine wine and olive oil; gradually pour into large bowl in a thin, steady stream, beating until thoroughly combined. Set aside.
Pour batter into prepared pan. Bake 45 to 50 minutes, until cake springs back when gently touched and toothpick inserted into center comes out clean. Remove pan from oven and cool on a wire rack. Run a long, thin knife around edge of pan; detach ring.
Professional Recipe: This recipe was provided by a chef, restaurant or culinary professional and makes a large quantity. The Food Network Kitchens chefs have not tested this recipe in the proportions indicated and therefore cannot make any representation as to the results.