Deep Chocolate Scooters
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 2 tablespoons brandy
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 4 ounces bittersweet chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 1/4 teaspoons finely ground espresso beans
- 2/3 cups semisweet chocolate chips
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line cookie sheets with parchment paper.
Combine the raisins and brandy in a small saucepan and warm over low heat. Set aside to cool
Combine the unsweetened and bittersweet chocolates with the butter in a heavy saucepan and place over low heat, stirring occasionally, until melted and smooth. Set aside to cool.
Stir together the flour, baking powder and salt in a bowl and set aside. Beat the eggs and sugar until pale and thick, about 5 minutes. Beat in the vanilla and espresso.
Pour in the melted chocolate and fold to combine. Then fold in the dry ingredients. Stir in the chocolate chips and raisins. The dough will be quite loose.
Spoon about a tablespoon of batter for each cookie onto the lined cookie sheets. Bake 6 to 8 minutes, until the tops are cracked and shiny and the cookies slightly puffed. Let cool on the cookie sheet and then transfer to racks.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.