Delilah's 7 Cheese Mac and Cheese
- 2 pounds elbow macaroni
- 12 eggs
- 1 cup cubed Velveeta cheese
- 1/2 pound (2 sticks) butter, melted
- 6 cups half-and-half, divided
- 4 cups grated sharp yellow Cheddar, divided
- 2 cups grated extra-sharp white Cheddar
- 1 1/2 cups grated mozzarella
- 1 cup grated Asiago
- 1 cup grated Gruyere
- 1 cup grated Monterey Jack
- 1 cup grated Muenster
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
Whisk the eggs in a large bowl until frothy.
Add the Velveeta, butter and 2 cups of the half-and-half to the large bowl of eggs. Add the warm macaroni tossing until the cheese has melted and the mixture is smooth. Add the remaining half-and-half, 3 cups of the sharp yellow Cheddar, the remaining grated cheeses, and salt and pepper, tossing until completely combined in the large bowl.
Pour the mixture into 9 by 13-inch casserole or baking dishes (approximately 3 (3-quart) baking dishes) and bake for 30 minutes. Sprinkle with the remaining 1 cup of sharp yellow cheese and bake until golden brown on top, about 30 minutes more.