- 12 (6-inch) flour tortillas, 8 ounces canola oil
- 1 pound cinnamon sugar (12 ounces sugar and 4 ounces cinnamon)
- 3 containers raspberries (reserve 1 container for plating)
- 4 egg yolks
- 5 ounces sugar
- 1/2 cup Marsala wine
- 6 strawberries, stemmed and sliced
- 16 blackberries
- 10 ounces blueberries
- 2 kiwi fruit, peeled and sliced
- 12 ounces whipped heavy cream
- Fresh mint, for garnish
Cut tortillas into triangle shapes and place into 325 degree oil and fry until golden brown. While still hot dust with cinnamon sugar; set aside. Take 2 containers of raspberries and puree.
Ladle Sabayon onto base of plate. Place 1 tortilla on top and cover with fruits. Add another tortilla, top with fruit and so on. Top with sabayon and raspberry sauce. Garnish with a rosette of whipped cream, mint leaf and reserved container of raspberries.
Recipe courtesy of El Tovar, Grand Canyon, Arizona
Recipe courtesy of Marcela Valladolid