Deviled Chicken Wings
- 3 pounds chicken wings (12 to 14)
- 3 to 4 slices firm white sandwich bread
- 2 teaspoons mustard seeds
- 1/2 cup Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons white-wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne
- 3 ounces freshly grated Parmesan (about 3/4 cup)
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Cut off wing tips, reserving for another use, and halve wings at joint. Discard crusts from bread and in a food processor finely grind bread. Measure out 1 1/2 cups bread crumbs. With a mortar and pestle or in an electric coffee/spice grinder coarsely grind mustard seeds.
Preheat oven to 450 degrees F and oil the rack of a broiler pan.
In a large bowl whisk together mustard seeds, mustard, oil, vinegar, salt, and cayenne. Add wings and stir to coat. In a shallow dish stir together bread crumbs and Parmesan and season with salt and pepper. Press wings, thick-skin sides down, into bread-crumb mixture to coat on both sides and arrange, skin-side up, on rack.
Roast wings in middle of oven until cooked through and golden, about 30 minutes. Serve chicken wings warm or at room temperature, with celery sticks, carrot sticks, red bell pepper strips, and pea shoots.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.