Dewey's Albuquerque Coleslaw
- 2 bags (14 ounces) shredded coleslaw mix
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon green chile spice rub
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- Juice of 10 limes
- 2 Hatch green chiles (or 4 ounces canned diced green chiles)
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 large sweet onion, chopped
In a large bowl, combine the coleslaw mix, oil, spice rub, sugar, lime juice, chiles, cilantro and onions and mix together. Let chill for a few hours. The lime juice will break down and soften the cabbage and infuse the lime, cilantro and green chile flavor throughout.
Cook's Note: You can microwave each lime for 30 to 40 seconds, roll, cut and squeeze; you will get a lot more juice out of them.
A viewer or guest of the show, who may not be a professional cook, provided this recipe. The Food Network Kitchens chefs have not tested this recipe and therefore, we cannot make representation as to the results.
Recipe courtesy of David Dewey Atkocaitis