- 2 bags (14 ounces) shredded coleslaw mix
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon green chile spice rub
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- Juice of 10 limes
- 2 Hatch green chiles (or 4 ounces canned diced green chiles)
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 large sweet onion, chopped
In a large bowl, combine the coleslaw mix, oil, spice rub, sugar, lime juice, chiles, cilantro and onions and mix together. Let chill for a few hours. The lime juice will break down and soften the cabbage and infuse the lime, cilantro and green chile flavor throughout.
Cook's Note: You can microwave each lime for 30 to 40 seconds, roll, cut and squeeze; you will get a lot more juice out of them.
A viewer or guest of the show, who may not be a professional cook, provided this recipe. The Food Network Kitchens chefs have not tested this recipe and therefore, we cannot make representation as to the results.