Dijon-Baked Chicken with Rice and Broccoli
If you forget to marinate this overnight, don't worry; it's still great if you cook the chicken in the sauce as soon as you make it. It['s just better when it marinates.]
- 10 to 12 boneless skinless chicken thighs (about 1 3/4 pounds)
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 3 tablespoons frozen chopped onions
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 cup Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon Asian-style hot chili sauce (can be chili-garlic sauce)
- 1 1/2 cups basmati or white rice
- 3 cups water
- 5 cups frozen broccoli florets
- 1/8 teaspoon your favorite supermarket-style seasoning mix
The night before: Unravel thighs to flatten and scrunch together in a large shallow oven-safe pan. Combine the following in a small mixing bowl in this order: spices, honey, Dijon mustard, soy sauce, and hot chili sauce. Stir. Pour evenly over chicken. Flip the chicken around with a fork until each piece is well coated. End by making sure the rough side of the thigh is down. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight.
The next day: Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Combine rice and water in a larger oven-safe pot. Stir. Cover and place in preheated oven.
Turn chicken over with a fork. Place in preheated oven, beside rice. Set timer for 50 minutes. About halfway through the cooking time for chicken, I like to flip the chicken over again. When the timer rings for chicken, turn off heat but leave it in the oven.
Rinse broccoli in colander. Place in a microwave-safe pot or casserole dish with lid. Cover, then microwave at high for 5 minutes. When timer rings, add seasoning mix to broccoli.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.