- 2 zucchini, finely diced
- 2 carrots, finely diced
- 2 yellow squash, finely diced
- 1 eggplant, finely diced
- 2 green bell peppers, finely diced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, finely diced
- 2 ounces olive oil
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 4 ounces goat cheese or herb cheese (Recommende: Boursin)
- 2 teaspoons chopped parsley leaves
- 2 teaspoons chopped basil leaves
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- Pinch baking powder
- White pepper
- 1 1/2 cups milk
Red Pepper Coulis:
- 3 ounces (6 tablespoons or 3/4 stick) butter
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups vegetable broth
- 2 roasted red bell peppers, seeded and peeled
- 1 clove garlic
- 6 parsley sprigs, for garnish
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
In a mixing bowl, coat vegetables with olive oil. Add salt and pepper, to taste, and chopped garlic. Toss and place on baking sheet. Roast until very golden brown, about 20 to 30 minutes. Cool. Add cheese, parsley and basil.
Sift flour, baking powder and salt and pepper together and slowly whisk in milk. If batter is still a little thick, dilute with a bit more milk. Heat a small saute pan and lightly oil it (or use spray). Place a small amount of batter (about 1/4 cup) and swirl it around in pan to cover bottom. When bottom is cooked, the edges will be a little brown. Remove and flip, then let cool on tray. Make 12 crepes.
Melt butter; add flour, then chicken broth. Add red peppers and garlic. Simmer 30 minutes. Pour hot mixture into blender and blend until smooth to make red pepper sauce.
Heat crepes in oven. Spoon filling mixture into center of each crepe; fold into a triangle shape. In hot saute pan, lightly saute until golden. Place 2 crepes per individual serving on each plate, ladle sauce on top. Garnish with chopped parsley.