Dirty Steve's Original Wing Sauce
- Dirty Steve's Original Wing Sauce:
- 8 cups red hot sauce, such as Frank's
- 2 cups melted butter
- 1/2 cup mango habanero sauce
- 8 tablespoons brown sugar
- 4 teaspoons chili powder
- 4 teaspoons garlic powder
- 4 teaspoons onion powder
- 4 teaspoons black pepper
- 4 teaspoons cayenne pepper
- 4 teaspoons seasoning salt
- Canola oil, for frying
- 1 pound chicken wings
- 1 1/2 tablespoons seasoning salt
For the wing sauce: Mix the hot sauce, butter, mango habanero sauce, brown sugar, chili powder, garlic powder, onion powder, black pepper, cayenne pepper and seasoning salt in a bowl. Stir vigorously until completely combined.
For the wings: Heat canola oil in a deep-fryer to 350 degrees F. Sprinkle the chicken wings with the seasoning salt. Fry the chicken wings in the heated oil until crispy, about 15 minutes.
Mix the wings in 1 cup of the wing sauce until well coated and serve.
A viewer or guest of the show, who may not be a professional cook, provided this recipe. The Food Network Kitchens chefs have not tested this recipe and therefore, we cannot make representation as to the results.
Recipe courtesy Steve Linehan