Ditaloni con Ricotta e Noci (Ditaloni with Ricotta and Nuts)
- 1 pound homemade ricotta cheese
- Salt, to taste
- 1 pound ditaloni or tubetti
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup roasted and ground blanched almonds
- 1/4 cup ground blanched pistachios
Pass the ricotta through a fine mesh sieve and salt lightly. Check the taste. Bring a large pot of water to a roiling boil, salt abundantly, and add the pasta. Drain when al dente, saving 1/4 cup of the cooking water. Stir the water into the ricotta until well blended. Toss the pasta and ricotta together with a grinding of pepper and serve the almonds and pistachios on the side, allowing each diner to sprinkle his own top alternatively, toss the nuts with the pasta, then serve.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.