Donatelli's - Meat Sauce Recipe
- 2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/8 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup diced onions
- 1 (29-ounce) can tomato puree
- 2 (12-ounce) cans tomato paste
- 1 (15-ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon beef base
- 1 tablespoon chicken base
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon chopped parsley leaves
Brown ground beef with minced garlic and salt and pepper, to taste. Drain ground beef and set aside.
Place oil and onions in a saucepan and saute on high heat until soft. Add all cans of tomato products. Fill the tomato puree can with hot water and dissolve beef and chicken base in this water. Add this water and base mixture to saucepan. Add all other ingredients and heat through. Once hot, add the browned ground beef and simmer on low heat for approximately 1 hour, stirring occasionally.
Serve over your favorite pasta -- enjoy!!!!
Professional Recipe: This recipe was provided by a chef, restaurant or culinary professional and makes a large quantity. The Food Network Kitchens chefs have not tested this recipe in the proportions indicated and therefore cannot make any representation as to the results.
Recipe courtesy of Trish Appleby, owner at Donatelli's in White Bear Lake, MN