Dorothy Zehnder's Apple Kuchen
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine
- 1/4 cup sugar, plus 1/4 cup
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla, plus 1/2 teaspoon
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour, plus 1/3 cup
- 6 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 cups peeled and chopped apples
- 1 1/2 cups peeled and thinly sliced apples
- 2 tablespoons apple juice
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar, plus 1/3 cup packed
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
In a bowl, combine 1/2 cup butter, 1/4 cup sugar, and 1/4 teaspoon vanilla. Gradually beat in 1 1/4 cups flour. Press crumbly mixture onto bottom and up sides of 9-inch pie plate. Bake in oven for 5 minutes. Cool.
Beat cream cheese, 1/4 cup sugar and 1/2 teaspoon vanilla until combined. Beat in egg. Pour over crust.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.