Downhome Barbecue Beef Short Ribs
- 8 pounds beef short ribs, cut across the bone
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 cup brown mustard
- 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon granulated onion
- 1 tablespoon granulated garlic
- Salt and pepper, to taste
Fill a large stockpot with water and bring to a boil. Add the ribs, garlic cloves and bay leaf. Parboil the ribs, covered, for 45 minutes to 1 hour, until fork tender.
In a medium saucepan, combine all ingredients. Pour 1 cup of the rib water into the mixture. Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, for approximately 15 minutes until the sauce has thickened and is heated through. Add the ribs to the pot, turning with tongs to coat well. Season with salt and pepper.
Transfer the ribs to a hot outdoor grill, meat side down first, and cook 8 to 10 minutes on each side, taking care not to burn them. Serve with remaining sauce on the side.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.