Dragonfly Stir-fry Rice
- 6 cups precooked rice, cooked with a seasoning packet (recommended: Sazon Goya)
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup linguica pork sausage or andouille sausage, boiled, cooled, and diced
- 1 cup lump crabmeat, shredded
- 1/2 cup peas
- 1/2 cup scallions, chopped
- Oyster sauce or sweetened soy sauce
Cook the rice according to package directions, adding seasoning packet to the water to give the rice an orange color. Refrigerate rice until cold.
Heat a large saute pan or wok over high heat. Add oil and heat until it shimmers. Crack the 4 eggs into the pan and fry, sunny side up. Then begin to break the yolks, and cook until dry. Add rice to the fried eggs and saute, adding the sausage and crab. Then add the peas and scallions, and continue sauteing until steaming hot. Just before serving, add a touch of oyster or sweetened soy sauce, to taste.
Professional Recipe: This recipe was provided by a chef, restaurant or culinary professional and makes a large quantity. The Food Network Kitchens chefs have not tested this recipe in the proportions indicated and therefore cannot make any representation as to the results.
Recipe courtesy of Roberto Trevino
Recipe courtesy of Rachael Ray