"Drunken Shrimp Style" Quick Marinade
- Wooden skewers, soaked in water for 20 to 30 minutes
- 1 cup vodka
- 1 cup citrus juice made from freshly squeezed orange, lime, and lemon juice
- 1/4 cup peeled ginger, chopped
- 1/2 clove garlic, finely minced
- Sugar, to taste
- 1 cup miso paste
- 1/2 cup light cooking oil, preferably sesame, canola, or vegetable
- 1 pound small shrimp, rinsed, shells intact
- 1/2 pound bay scallops
Soak skewers in water for 45 minutes. In a mixing bowl, combine vodka, citrus, ginger, garlic, sugar, and miso paste and whisk until mixed. Slowly whisk in oil until smooth. Pour marinade over unpeeled shrimp and scallops. Cover and let marinate in refrigerator for 45 to 60 minutes. Skewer shrimp and scallops (4 to a skewer is optimal) and place on grill over direct heat. Allow tails and legs of shrimp to slightly blacken before turning. Scallops should brown slightly before turning.
Home Cook Recipe: A viewer or guest of the show, who may not be a professional cook, provided this recipe. The Food Network Kitchen have not tested this recipe and therefore cannot make representation as to the results.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.