Dry Rubbed Flank Steak
- 1 tablespoon ground mustard
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne
- 1/4 teaspoon allspice
- 3 pounds flank steak
- Chimichurri Sauce, recipe follows
- 1 bunch parsley, leaves finely chopped
- 1 bunch cilantro, leaves finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons capers, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1/2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup olive oil
Preheat a grill pan over high heat for 3 to 4 minutes.
Combine the mustard, onion powder, garlic powder, salt, cayenne and allspice in a small bowl. Rub the flank steak all over with the mix and let sit for 10 minutes.
Put the steak on the hot grill and cook 5 minutes per side. Remove and let rest 10 minutes before slicing. Serve with Chimichurri Sauce.
Per Serving (steak only - does not included sauce): Calories: 329; Total Fat: 12.5 grams; Saturated Fat: 5 grams; Protein: 49 grams; Total carbohydrates: 1 gram; Sugar: 0 grams; Fiber: 0 grams; Cholesterol: 141 milligrams; Sodium: 606 milligramsChimichurri:
Put the parsley, cilantro, capers and garlic in a medium mixing bowl and toss to combine. Add the vinegar, salt, red and black pepper and stir. Pour in the olive oil and mix until well combined. Let sit for 30 minutes so that the flavors blend.
Yield: 1 cup
Thank you! your flag was submitted.