Duck Breast Over Greens
- 6 cups washed and dried mesclun salad greens
- 3 Asian pears, cored and peeled and cut into fine dice
- Salad dressing made of 1/2 cup hazelnut or walnut oil mixed with 2 tablespoons white Balsamic vinegar
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 6 skinless boneless duck breast halves
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon each of ground cardamom, cloves, coriander and cumin
- 1 cup peeled, seeded and julienned fresh tomatoes
- 1 cup good flavored veal stock (store-bought) or chicken broth
- Slivered black pitted olives, for garnish
Toss the mesclun with the cubed Asian pear and salad dressing; season with salt and pepper and divide it among 4 dinner plates.
Make sure to remove fat and skin from each duck breast half. Lightly season with salt and pepper.
Heat a non-stick skillet until hot. Add olive oil and duck breasts, skin side down. Saute for to 4 minutes on one side and 2 minutes on the other for very rare duck (or longer if you don't like it rare).
Remove duck to a cutting board. Add spices to skillet with tomatoes and stock. Simmer for 2 to 3 minutes or until reduced. Remove from heat.
Cut the duck in thin diagonal slices and fan them over the salad in the center. Spoon the sauce over the duck and serve, garnished with olives.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.
More Recipes and Ideas:
Pan Roasted Duck Breast, Duck Breast with Berry Sauce, Seared Magret Duck Breasts with Duck Fat, Pan-Roasted Fingerling Potatoes, Haricots Verts and a Balsamic Cherry Reduction, Roast Beef Recipes, Olive, Veal Chop Recipes, Pork Butt Recipes, New York Strip Steak Recipes, Prime Rib Recipes