Duck Rolls with Spicy Slaw
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon sesame seed oil
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh ginger
- 2 cups julienned carrots
- 2 cups sliced shiitake mushrooms
- 2 cups julienned Napa cabbage
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons teriyaki sauce
- 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce (available in most supermarkets)
- 1 whole duck, roasted, meat julienned
- 2 packages wonton skins
Saute garlic in sesame oil until golden. Add minced ginger, then the carrots and for saute 1 minute. Add the shiitake mushrooms and saute for 1 more minute. Then add the cabbage, soy, teriyaki and hoisin sauces. Remove from the fire and stir. Chill the mixture.
Just before making the rolls, add the duck to the vegetable mixture. Make the rolls by taking a wonton skin and placing 1 1/2 tablespoons of the duck and vegetable mixture in the middle of the skin and rolling it, tucking the ends in as you roll. Deep fry until golden brown.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.