- 12 tacos
- 1 roasted duck
- 1 tablespoon duck fat, chicken fat or vegetables oil.
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 red bell peppers, roasted, peeled, seeded and julienned
- 1 cup Chipotle salsa, plus extra for garnish
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 avocado, peeled, seeded and sliced
- 12 small corn tortillas
Remove the duck meat from the bones, discarding all skin and sinew. Shred meat. Heat the fat in a medium skillet over medium-high heat. Saute' the onion with the salt and pepper until translucent. Add the red peppers and duck meat and cook, stirring frequently, until heated through. Keep warm. Combine the salsa, honey and a squeeze of fresh lime juice.
c.1996, M.S. Milliken & S. Feniger, all rights reserved