- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon fine salt
- Pinch freshly grated nutmeg, optional
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- 1/4 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, (1/2 stick), melted, plus more for serving
- Vegetables oil, such as Canola, for cooking pancakes
- Maple syrup, for serving, optional
- Cooked bacon and fresh fruit, for serving, optional
1. Preheat oven to 200degreesF.
2. Whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, and nutmeg, if using, in a large bowl. Beat eggs in a medium bowl. Whisk in about half of milk and vanilla.
3. Pour wet ingredients into dry ingredients and stir, using a whisk, just until a thick, slightly lumpy batter forms; set aside to sit for 10 minutes.
4. Heat a cast-iron, or nonstick skillet, or a griddle over medium to medium-low heat. Brush with canola oil. Pour batter (1/4 cup for small or 1/3 cup for large pancakes) into pan, about 2 to 3 pancakes per batch depending on pan size. Cook until bubbles break on surface of pancakes and undersides are golden brown, about 2 minutes. Flip and cook about 1 minute more. Repeat with remaining batter.
Nutrition Info (per pancake, does not include maple syrup, bacon or fresh fruit):
Total Fat: 8 grams
Saturated Fat: 4 grams
Total Carbohydrate: 20 grams
Protein: 4 grams
Sodium: 290 milligrams
Cholesterol: 58 milligrams
Fiber: 0.5 gram