- Tropical Dressing, recipe follows
- 1 bunch watercress, cleaned
- 2 chayotes, cooked and diced into 1-inch cubes
- 1 cup ripe papaya, diced into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 cup ripe avocado into 1/2-inch cubes
- Salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup deep-fried green plantain slivers, for garnish
Place some the dressing in a large bowl and gently toss the watercress with the dressing, lightly shaking off excess. Remove to a serving disshToss the chayote with some dressing and add on top of the watercress. Repeat this process with the papaya, and then the avocado, tossing them in the remaining dressing. Season with salt and pepper and top with fried plaintain slivers.
2 tablespoons finely chopped shallots
3 tablespoons lime juice
2 tablespoons orange juice
4 tablespoons sherry vinegar
1 teaspoon honey
1/4 cup olive oil
1 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
Salt and pepper
In a glass jar with a tight-fitting lid, add all the ingredients and shake vigorously to blend. Refrigerate until ready to use.
* Professional Recipe
This recipe was provided by a chef, restaurant or culinary professional and makes a large quantity. The Food Network Kitchens chefs have not tested this recipe in the proportions indicated and therefore cannot make any representation as to the results.