- 1 1/2 sticks butter
- Hot pepper sauce (recommended: Tabasco)
- 24 large scallops
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 pound sugar snap peas, trimmed and cleaned of stems and blanched
- 2 red bell peppers, diced
- Peanut oil
- Store-bought teriyaki sauce
Heat wok over high heat. Working in batches, add two tablespoons butter and melt. Add a generous splash of hot pepper sauce, or to taste. Add four scallops to sizzling butter mixture and sear both sides until nice and golden brown, about one minute per side. Season with salt and pepper. Remove scallops from wok to plate. Repeat until all the scallops are cooked.
To the wok add the sugar peas and bell pepper and stir-fry for about 2 to 3 minutes until slightly soft yet still crunchy. If they are sticking you may need to add a dash of peanut oil to help out. Pour a large dash of your favorite teriyaki sauce into the wok and return the scallops to the wok. Give them a final toss and serve.