Earl's Fish Stew
- 1 pound bacon, coarsely chopped
- 3 white onions, diced
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 (10-ounce) can tomato soup
- 3/4 cup ketchup
- 3 pounds skinless, firm, white fish fillets, cut into large chunks
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Dash hot pepper sauce, or to taste (recommended: Tabasco)
- 1 small jar pimentos, diced
Fry bacon in a large skillet. As it begins to crisp, add the onion, celery and bell pepper. Cover and saute about 10 minutes.
Meanwhile, in a large Dutch oven, combine the tomato soup and ketchup and bring to a simmer. Season the fish with salt and pepper. Add to the soup along with the vegetables and bacon. Add diced pimentos. Add hot sauce, to taste. Cover and simmer until vegetables are tender, about 20 minutes. Serve hot.
Home Cook Recipe: A viewer or guest of the show, who may not be a professional cook, provided this recipe. The Food Network Kitchen have not tested this recipe and therefore cannot make representation as to the results.
Recipe courtesy of Tracy Byrd