East Coast Oysters in a Gewurztraminer Cream with Green Grapes
- 2 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 2 shallots, minced
- 1 tablespoon ginger, minced
- 1/4 cup diced fennel
- 1 cup Gewurztraminer
- 2 cups heavy cream
- Sachet of coriander seed, black peppercorns, orange peel, parsley stems
- 24 east coast oysters, shucked with the liquor reserved and strained
- 12 green grapes cut in half and lightly Sauteed in 1 tablespoon butter and pinch of sugar
Add butter to a medium saucepan, add shallots, ginger, fennel sweat covered until vegetables are soft (4 minutes). Remove cover, add wine and reduce by half, add cream and sachet, simmer 15 minutes on low heat, remove bouquet garni and strain sauce. Return the sauce to a sauce pan, add the reserved oyster liquor, bring to a simmer, add the oysters and the grapes and gently poach the oysters just 2 minutes or until the edges of the oysters begin to curl. Serve in a shallow bowl, 4 oysters to each person.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.