- 1 cup shredded sweetened coconut
- One 16-ounce packet pecan shortbread cookies
- 1 stick butter, melted
- 1 pound cream cheese
- 1 cup raw cane sugar
- One 15-ounce can cream of coconut, such as Coco Lopez
- 1 1/2 ounces (1 shot) coconut rum, such as Malibu
- 3 teaspoons powdered gelatin
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
For the filling: In a mixer, soften the cream cheese and raw cane sugar until smooth. Slowly add the cream of coconut and rum. In a small bowl, mix the powdered gelatin and 1/4 cup water until firm and then microwave until it liquefies. Add the gelatin mixture to the cream cheese mixture. Add the heavy whipping cream until fully mixed. Pour into the prepared springform tin. Chill in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours.
This recipe was provided by professional chefs and has been scaled down from a bulk recipe provided by a restaurant. The Food Network Kitchens chefs have not tested this recipe, in the proportions indicated, and therefore, we cannot make any representation as to the results.