Easy Turkey Chili
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 onion, finely sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced or crushed
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 28 -ounce can plum tomatoes, drained and chopped
- 16 to 19-ounce can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 pound boneless skinless turkey breast, cut into 3/4-inch cubes
- Garnish - sour cream, seeded red bell pepper cut into 1/2 inch dice; cilantro leaves, coarsely chopped
- About 12 corn tortillas
Heat olive oil. When hot add onion and cook, covered for 5 minutes or until tender. Add garlic, chili, cumin and cinnamon and saute for a few seconds. Add cider vinegar and cook a minute. Add tomatoes, and simmer uncovered for 5 minutes.
Add beans and turkey and cook for 5 minutes or just until turkey is cooked through. Don't overcook or turkey will dry out.
Serve with corn tortillas (or rice). To reheat corn tortillas - dip them briefly in water, then reheat on an ungreased griddle; pile them in foil and keep warm in oven or in a cloth.
Recipe Courtesy of �Michelle Urvater
Recipe courtesy of Food Network Kitchen