Edamame Crusted Ahi Tuna with Daikon Salad
- 4 block pieces #1 ahi tuna, 6 ounces each
- Salt and black pepper
- 2 cups edamame, chopped up
- 2 shallots, rough chopped
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup rice flour
- Soda water, to bind
- Canola oil, for frying plus 1/4 cup, for salad dressing
- 1 teaspoon wasabi powder
- 1 tablespoon naturally brewed soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 packages daikon sprouts
- 1 large carrot, peeled and shredded
- 1 tablespoon green scallions, sliced
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds, for garnish
Pre-heat a fryer to 400 degrees F. Season the ahi on all sides with salt and pepper. In a food processor, add the edamames and shallots, pulse into small pieces. Add the eggs and pulse to mix.
Meanwhile, make tempura batter whisking the flour with soda water until a thick paste is formed. Fold the edamames with the tempura. Dip the ahi in the batter and fry for 3 to 4 minutes, until golden brown. Season lightly with salt and slice in half on the bias. The middle should be cool and rare.
To make the salad, in a small bowl, whisk together the wasabi, soy, vinegar, sesame oil, and 1/4 cup canola oil. Toss vinaigrette (save a little for garnish) with the sprouts, carrots, scallions, and season. Check for balance of flavor.
Beverage suggestion: Iced Black Teas and Chilled Ji-sake, Bijuwajo
More Recipes and Ideas:
Rice Krispies™ Tuna with Cucumber Salad and Hoisin-Lime Sauce, Tuscan Beans With Tuna, Cocoa Krispies™-Crusted Meatloaf with Asparagus Salad, Flank Steak Recipes, Salisbury Steak Recipes, Fried Chicken Recipes, Stuffed Pork Chops Recipes, Roasted Turkey Recipes, Baked Ham Recipes