Edivias Con Brana, Naranjas y Almendras Endives with Oranges, Almonds and Goat Cheese
- 1 bunch endive leaves, cored and cleaned
- 8 tablespoons orange segments
- 4 tablespoons sliced toasted almonds
- 8 ounces Spanish goat cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped chives
- 4 tablespoons Vinagreta de Ajo Tostado, recipe follows
- Vinagreta de Ajo Tostado:
- 1/4 cup garlic cloves
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil, plus 1/2 cup
- 2 tablespoons sherry vinegar
- 1 tablespoon chopped shallots
- Salt and pepper
Set leaves on a plate. Add oranges, almonds, cheese, chives and salt. Cover with Vinagreta de Ajo Tostado. Serve.
This recipe was provided by professional chefs and has been scaled down from a bulk recipe provided by a restaurant. The FN chefs have not tested this recipe, in the proportions indicated, and therefore, we cannot make any representation as to the results.Vinagreta de Ajo Tostado:
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
Roast garlic in 1/4 cup olive oil in a small baking dish until garlic is very tender, about 20 minutes. Allow to cool slightly. Transfer to blender. Add sherry vinegar, shallots, salt and freshly ground pepper. Blend. Gradually add remaining 1/2 cup olive oil.
Recipe courtesy Jaleo