Eggplant, Crabmeat and Shrimp Casserole
- 2 eggplants
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 cup diced celery
- 2 large cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon Lea and Perrins, green label
- 1/4 teaspoon Creole seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 sleeve crackers, crushed for crumbs
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Salt and cayenne pepper, to taste
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 pound lump crabmeat
- 1/2 pound boiled or steamed shrimp, peeled (substitute: 6 ounce can, drained)
- Seasoned bread crumbs, for topping
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
Peel and dice eggplant into 1-inch cubes. Boil in enough water to cover with 1 tablespoon salt until tender, about 5 minutes. Drain well and set aside. Saute onion, bell pepper, celery, and garlic in olive oil until very tender. Fold vegetable mixture into eggplant. Add lemon juice, Worcestershire, Lea and Perrins, Creole seasoning, hot red pepper sauce, 1 cup cracker crumbs, Parmesan, salt and cayenne, then eggs. Gently fold in seafood. Place in greased casserole. Top with bread crumbs and melted butter. Bake at 350 degrees for 25 to 30 minutes.
A viewer, who may not be a professional cook, provided this recipe. The FN chefs have not tested this recipe and therefore, we cannot make representation as to the results.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.