- 8 eggs
- Salt and lots of freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 pound pancetta, or thickly sliced bacon, sliced crosswise into 1/4-inch strips
- 1 garlic cloves, minced, optional
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 cup fresh Italian parsley stems discarded before measuring
In a bowl, beat eggs, salt, black pepper, cheese, and milk. Set aside.
Cook pancetta in a saute pan over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally until it is done like crisp pieces of bacon. Drain off excess fat (but leave about 2 tablespoons in the pan).
Add garlic and bell pepper to the pan and cook over medium-high heat for 2 to 3 minutes, or until garlic shows the first sign of turning golden.
Add Italian parsley. Stir for 1 more minute.
Reduce heat to medium, add egg mixture to pan, and stir until eggs are cooked to your liking. Serve immediately on warmed plates.
Courtesy Bob Blumer, Surreal Gourmet
Recipe courtesy of Giada De Laurentiis