Shrimp and pasta are a dream team! And they taste even better with GOYA® Extra Virgin Olive Oil. In this easy shrimp pasta recipe, the shrimp is gently cooked in warm olive oil with garlic, thyme, and red pepper flakes. The shrimp absorb that vibrant seasoning mixture while the oil coaxes the pure flavor from the seafood. Add lemon juice and grated zest for extra zing, toss with linguini, then sit back and bask in the pleasure of your family's delight!
- 8 oz. linguini
- 3/4 cup GOYA® Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 lb. large shrimp (16-20 pieces), peeled and deveined
- GOYA® Adobo All-Purpose Seasoning with Pepper, to taste
- 2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 2 tsp. finely chopped fresh thyme
- 1/4 tsp. hot pepper flakes
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced(about 1 tsp. zest and 2 tbsp. juice)
- 2 tbsp. finely chopped fresh parsley
1. Cook linguini according to package directions. Drain pasta and return to pot; set aside.
2. Meanwhile, heat oil in medium saucepan over low heat until warm (oil temperature should register 180 degrees F on deep-fry thermometer). Season shrimp with Adobo. Add shrimp, garlic, thyme and pepper flakes, stirring to coat shrimp in oil. Cook, stirring occasionally, until garlic is light golden brown and shrimp are pink and opaque, 8-10 minutes. Remove pot from heat. Stir in lemon juice and zest.
3. Place reserved pot with linguini over low heat. Add shrimp mixture, stirring until pasta is coated with sauce and shrimp is well distributed, about 1 minute. Remove pot from heat. Stir in parsley. Serve.