Aromatic Noodles with Lime Peanut Sauce
- 3/4 pound spinach linguine or whole-wheat spaghetti
- 2 cups (about 9 ounces) broccoli florets
- 2 cups (about 6 ounces) snow peas, trimmed
- 2 cups (about 6 ounces) sugar snap peas, trimmed
- 1/2 cup natural creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 scallion, cut into pieces
- 3/4 inch fresh ginger, finely grated
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup shelled unsalted peanuts
Cook the pasta in a large pot of water according to the directions on the package. Drain and rinse with cold water. While the pasta is cooking put the broccoli in a steamer basket over a large pot of boiling water and steam it for 3 minutes. Add the snow peas and sugar snap peas and steam for 2 minutes more.
Toast the peanuts in a dry pan over a medium heat until they become fragrant, about 3 minutes. Set them aside to cool. Make the sauce by pureeing the peanut butter, soy sauce, water, vinegar, lime juice, scallion, ginger, sugar and red pepper flakes in a food processor or blender until smooth.
Right before serving, toss the pasta with 3/4 cup of the peanut sauce. Divide into 6 serving bowls and top each serving with the vegetables. Drizzle the remaining sauce over the vegetables. Coarsely chop the peanuts, sprinkle them on top and serve.
Copyright 2005, Ellie Krieger, All Rights Reserved