- 1 whole-wheat roll (about 2 ounces) preferably day old, cut into 1/2-inch chunks
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Cooking spray
- 3 slices Canadian bacon (3 ounces) finely diced
- 1/3 cup plain nonfat yogurt
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 2 teaspoons white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons chopped sweet gherkin pickles (1/2-ounce)
- 1 large head green-leaf lettuce (about 1 pound) shredded
- 2 medium tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 1/2 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 English cucumber, sliced
- 12 ounces grilled chicken breast, sliced
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Toss bread cubes with olive oil, salt and pepper and place on a baking sheet. Bake until croutons are golden and crisp, about 8 minutes. Remove from oven, and allow to cool completely.
Make bacon bits:
Spray a nonstick pan with cooking spray and heat over medium-high heat. Add bacon and cook until crisp, stirring frequently, about 4 to 5 minutes. Allow to cool.
Combine the yogurt, mayonnaise, ketchup, vinegar and pickles in a bowl and stir to incorporate. Season with salt, to taste.
Toss the lettuce, tomato, onion, and cucumber in a large salad bowl with the dressing. Top with croutons, bacon bits, sliced chicken and serve.
Serving size: 1 1/2 cups salad, plus 1/2 cup croutons, and 2 tablespoons bacon bits, 3 ounces chicken breast
Calories 290; Total Fat 11 g; (Sat Fat 2 g, Mono Fat 4 g, Poly Fat 4 g) ; Protein 29 g; Carb 20 g; Fiber 4 g; Cholesterol 63 mg; Sodium 765 mg
Excellent source of: Protein, Vitamin A, Niacin, Vitamin B6, Vitamin C, Phosphorus, Selenium
Good source of: Fiber, Thiamin, Calcium, Iron, Manganese, Potassium