- 2 (10-ounce) packages frozen spinach, thawed
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 small shallots, finely chopped (about 1/2 cup)
- 4 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups 1 percent milk
- 1/2 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons fat free evaporated milk
- Pinch ground nutmeg
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Squeeze all of the water from the spinach. In a large pan, heat the oil over a medium heat. Add the shallots and cook, stirring, until softened, about 2 minutes. Add the flour and cook, stirring, for 30 seconds. Add the milk and broth and cook, scraping up any bits from the bottom of the pan. Bring to a simmer and cook for 2 minutes. Add the spinach and simmer until tender, about 5 minutes. Stir in the evaporated milk and nutmeg and season to taste with salt and pepper.
Calories 130; Total Fat 4 g; (Sat Fat 1 g, Mono Fat 2 g, Poly Fat 0.5 g) ; Protein 10g Carb 17g; Fiber 4g; Cholesterol 5 mg; Sodium 170 mg
Excellent source of: Protein, Vitamin A, Riboflavin, Folate, Calcium, Magnesium, Manganese, Potassium
Good source of: Fiber, Thiamin, Vitamin B6, Vitamin C, Vitamin D, Copper, Iodine, Iron, Phosphorus, Selenium
Thank you! your flag was submitted.