Curried Butternut Squash Soup
- Total Time:
- 40 min
- 15 min
- 25 min
- 4 servings (1 serving is 1 1/2 cups)
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped (about 2 cups)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (2 1/2-pound) butternut squash, peeled, seeded and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 6 cups low-sodium chicken broth or vegetable broth
- 1 tablespoon plus 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, plus more, to taste
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 4 teaspoons plain low-fat yogurt, for garnish
Heat oil over medium heat in a 6-quart stockpot. Add onions and garlic and saute until soft but not brown, about 6 to 7 minutes. Add the butternut squash, broth, curry powder and salt and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer until squash is tender, about 12 to 15 minutes. Remove from heat stir in honey and puree with an immersion blender or in batches in a blender until smooth. Season with salt, to taste.
Ladle into serving bowls and add a dollop of yogurt.
Nutritional Analysis (Per Serving)
Total fat: 6.5g
Saturated fat: 1g
More Recipes and Ideas:
Curried Butternut Squash Soup with Paneer (Indian Cheese) Croutons and Turmeric Oil, Curried Butternut Squash Soup, Roasted Butternut Squash Soup with Amaretti Cookies, Kale Recipes, Easy Main Dish, Garlic Chicken Recipes, Vegetable Recipes, Stuffed Pork Chops Recipes, Roasted Chicken Recipes
Thank you! your flag was submitted.