Five Layer Mexican Dip
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (15.5-ounce) can black beans, preferably low-sodium, drained and rinsed
- 1 tablespoon minced chipotle pepper in adobo
- 4 tablespoons lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups corn kernels (10-ounce box frozen corn)
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro leaves
- 2 ripe avocados
- 4 medium tomatoes, seeded and diced (about 2 cups)
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced scallion
- 1 tablespoon finely diced jalapeno pepper, optional
- 3/4 cup shredded extra-sharp Cheddar
DirectionsWatch how to make this recipe
Heat the oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add onions and cook until they soften, about 3 minutes. Stir in the garlic and cook for 2 minutes more.
Add the corn to the skillet with the remaining onion mixture and cook for about 3 minutes. Remove from the heat and stir in the cilantro leaves.
Spread the black bean dip into the bottom of an 8 by 8 glass baking or serving dish. Top with the corn mixture, spreading it out to form a single layer over the beans, repeat with the avocado, then the tomatoes. Top with cheese. Serve with baked chips.
Calories 140; Total Fat 8 g; (Sat Fat 2 g, Mono Fat 3 g, Poly Fat 0.7 g) ; Protein 5g; Carb 16 g; Fiber 5g; Cholesterol 6mg; Sodium 245 mg
2007, Ellie Krieger All Rights Reserved