Miso Glazed Cod
- 6 (6-ounce) black cod fillets, or regular cod fillets
- 1/3 cup low-sodium blond or white miso
- 1/4 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons mirin (Japanese cooking wine)
- Toasted sesame seeds and scallions, for garnish, optional
DirectionsWatch how to make this recipe
Brush about 2 tablespoons miso glaze on each fish fillet. Marinate for at least 30 minutes, or up to 1 hour. Place fish under broiler for 3 to 4 minutes, or until top is slightly charred and glaze has caramelized. Remove fish from oven and brush with remaining glaze. Lower oven to 375 degrees F. Cook an additional 5 to 6 minutes, until fish is flaky but not overcooked.
If desired, serve with toasted sesame seeds and scallions.
Eating Healthy in 2009. Copyright 2007, Ellie Krieger, All Rights Reserved.