Pork Medallions with Cherry Sauce
- 1 1/4 pounds pork tenderloin, sliced into 1/2-inch thick medallions
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 2 tablespoons chopped shallots
- 3/4 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup dried tart cherries
DirectionsWatch how to make this recipe
Season the pork medallions with 1/4 teaspoon of salt and pepper. Heat 2 teaspoons oil in a large nonstick skillet over a medium-high heat and cook the meat until there is just a slight blush in the center about 3 minutes per side. Transfer the meat to a plate and tent with foil.
Add the remaining teaspoon of oil and the shallots to the pan and saute until they begin to soften, about 1 minute. Add the chicken broth, balsamic vinegar, the remaining 1/4 teaspoon of salt and the cherries and cook until the liquid is reduced by half, about 4 minutes. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Pour the sauce over the pork medallions and serve.
2007, Ellie Krieger, All Rights Reserved
Recipe courtesy of Herb Mesa
Recipe courtesy of Robert Irvine